- A new activity in the reading section that presents a set of image, text and voice to children and an exercise set around them. This includes about 1000 images and voices in English, Spanish, French, and Gaelic-Scottish. The images and voices come from the Art4Apps project, a big thanks to them for providing a such useful resource (under CC BY-SA). If you want to thanks Art4Apps for their hard work please consider making a donation on their site.
- If you want to have a look at what this new activity is about, you can play it online.
- A rework of many text related activities to support multigraph languages. This is driven by a team of Gaelic-Scottish users.
- Added the font face use in GCompris in the skin configuration file. It is possible to select another font by manually changing it with one installed on your system. For example, In boards/skin/babytoy/skin.xml find the line "font id="gcompris/fontface" name="sans" and replace "sans" by "ruluko". Ruluko is a font provided by Google under the SIL Open Font License 1.1 designated to aid those learning to read. In the future selecting the font should be made available at the configuration level.
- By popular demand, there is now a simplified version of the submarine activity, now there is an easy first level. Added tooltips to explain items.
- Fixed a crash case after leaving intro and land_safe activity.
- New country map of Scotland by Fòram na Gàidhlig.
- Fixed colors values in the advanced color activity. This page reports the old and new value.
- Added support for remembering last passed level by Roopesh Shenoy. With this option when the children enters an activity the last succeeded level is proposed.
- Added Central America and Oceania geography map by GunChleoc
- Independent wordlist for reading activities by GunChleoc
- Now the intro voice is played when help is clicked.
- Fixed a bug which makes the administration menu missing
Updated Brazilian Portuguese, Breton, Czech, Danish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Scottish Gaelic, Serbian, Serbian Latin, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Tamil.