We are pleased to announce the release of GCompris version 2.1.
This is a maintenance release, so every GNU/Linux distribution shipping 2.0 should update to 2.1.
The most important change is that assets downloads on some older Android versions should now work again.
Here is a summary of included changes:
- Ship SSL certificate to download the assets for older Android phones/tablets which do not have it and fail to download data (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=447572).
- Graphics have been updated for Balance box and Erase activities.
- Fix a bug in reversecount where after the fish did one turn, it was not possible to win even when inputting the good result.
- Fix a freeze in learn_decimals activities when changing levels.
- Add bold tag for Keyboard controls line on path encoding activities.
- Fix bottom of the activities list not visible when scrolled down to the end.
- On Windows, remove the blurriness on HiDPI screens when installing GCompris.
On the translation side:
- Breton and Macedonian have been completed.
- Czech has returned (partial translation above 80% for now).
You can find packages of this new version for GNU/Linux, Windows and macOS on the download page. This update will be available soon in the Android Play store, the F-Droid repository and the Windows store. The package for Raspberry Pi will also be available soon.
Thank you all,
Timothée & Johnny