Qt Quick development process
- Get the source code
- Download and Install the lastest stable version of QtCreator for Android
- Start QtCreator and open the project file GCompris.pro at the root of the source code
- Compile and run it.
To make it run on Android you need first to follow these instructions.
Adding a new activity
Let's say you want to port the algebra_by activity.
- create a directory algebra_by in src/activities:
cd src/activities mkdir algebra_by
- Copy the existing old GCompris menu
git mv menus/algebra_by.qml algebra_by/Algebra_by.qml
the svg icon is not under git so you have to pick the old GCompris's icon named algebra_by.svg and copy it in algebra_by. You can get it from the GCompris-gtk GitHub: https://github.com/bdoin/GCompris/tree/master/src
- Copy an existing activity for example 'erase'
cp erase/.qml algebra_by/ cp erase/erase.pri algebra_by/algebra_by.pri cp erase/erase.js algebra_by/algebra_by.js
- edit ../../GCompris.pro and add the line:
include(src/activities/algebra_by/algebra_by.pri) to be correct it should be kept sorted with the others
- now in QtCreator, algebra_by should appear, no restart needed
- in src/activities/activities.txt add the directory name of your activity (keep the file sorted).
- check algebra_by/ActivityInfo.qml that the name references you Qml activity entry point and that the icon point to your icon name.
- run GCompris and the new activity is there!
- Ok, the activity is just an extension of an existing one
- If you look at erase / Activity , the root of you activity is in pageComponent:
- For the media, you have to put them in the qrc file and then reference it by qrc: in the source. The path is defined in the qrc file.
- You can see the qrc in qtcreator, it is Ressources/gcompris.qrc it is auto generated at build time
- To add new images, create a resource directory in your activity folder and in you .pri file add:
APP_FILES += \ $$PWD/resource/myCuteImage.jpg \
- And in your source use : qrc:/gcompris/src/activities/algebra_by/resource/myCuteImage.jpg
When you work on an activity you will run GCompris many time and the final stage that combines the qrc in the binary is long. To speep your development process, just comment the include of the activities you don't need in the top level GCompris.pro