How to translate
Translations are managed by the KDE translation teams. If you would like to participate in the translation of GCompris you must contact the KDE translation team you want to participate in.
Current status of the translation
- Translation status for the stable version
- Translation status for the development version
- Translation status for the website
Note: for the website, the po files contain only the 2 latest news. If you want to translate older news, you will need to manually fill the corresponding YYYYMMDD-locale.html page and send it to us so we can integrate it.
Po files to translate
- gcompris-qt.po is the main one, corresponding to the strings displayed in the application.
- gcompris_lang.po is the set of words used in several activities for vocabulary such as lang, hangman... The corresponding images can be found in this page.
- gcompris._desktop_.po are translations used to integrate into application menus of desktop environments.
- org.kde.gcompris.appdata.po is translations that will be used by other applications/websites to display information about GCompris: https://apps.kde.org/gcompris/.
- gcompris_voices.po is a helper for people providing voices to write down the spoken text and have update if intro text changes.
Dataset to translate
There are 3 other files to be translated that cannot be provided as po files. For these files, send them directly to the GCompris maintainers:
- click_on_letter dataset contains a JSON file with "questions" being the letters that will be needed to be typed, and "answers" all the possible letters that will be displayed. "answers" must contain" questions" letters.
- Additional localized list of words for wordsgame and gletters.
For the advanced colors activity, here is a table showing the different colors Advanced color translation.
To know the status of recording, you can check the Voice recording status for each locale.
To help recording, follow this guide.
warning: Do not confuse Lokalise which has nothing to do with KDE.