Difference between revisions of "GSOC newcomers"
(Created page with "Congratulations, you have been selected to participate to the GCompris GSOC. Here are a few links to start your community bonding period and set up your environment. === Intr...")
Revision as of 21:45, 2 May 2015
Congratulations, you have been selected to participate to the GCompris GSOC. Here are a few links to start your community bonding period and set up your environment.
Introduction to GCompris community
Send a mail to email@example.com to introduce yourself:
- Name, country, university... Whatever you want to share that can be useful.
- Describe what you plan to do in GCompris, which part of GCompris will you improve...
Setting your KDE account
If you don't have one, you need to create a KDE account (https://identity.kde.org/) and ask for a developer access (precise that you will do gsoc under GCompris). More information can be found at https://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual#How_to_get_read-write_developer_access
We also plan to use https://phabricator.kde.org/ to track our progress so you'll also need an account.
KDE phabricator provides a lot of useful tools:
- https://phabricator.kde.org/paste/ to paste text (crash reports, code snippets...)
- https://phabricator.kde.org/differential/ for code review
- https://phabricator.kde.org/conpherence/ for having multiple people conversations
- https://phabricator.kde.org/maniphest/ to create tasks and follow their achievements