This page is about the Qt version. Follow there for the Gtk+ legacy version.
How to report a bug
To fill a bug report for GCompris:
- Legacy Gtk+ Version: gnome bugzilla and select GCompris in the product list.
- New Qt Quick version: KDE bug tracker and select GCompris in the product list or for internal development we use Phabricator
You can join and browse the GCompris mailing list.
This mailing list is used by the developers and users willing to stay aware of what’s going on. You will get new release announcements. Users can join the list and report bugs, discuss feature they would like to have, ...
You can enter in contact with the users and developers of GCompris on IRC. The server is irc.freenode.net on the channel #gcompris.
Documentation of the Qt Quick Version (Under development)
The rewrite will not happen overnight and we need your help. If you are interesting in discovering the Qt Quick technology while doing something useful, you can do the port of a GCompris activity.
- Qt Quick official repository or GitHub mirror
- Qt Quick development process
- Qt Quick Migration status
- Contribution process
You must follow the coding guidelines described in those links:
If you want to develop a new activity for GCompris, a good start is to follow the instructions on this page : An exercise for new contributors.
Always look at existing activities, and take a look at their code when you have a problem. You have to think by yourself, try and fail to find solutions. This is not a school assessment.
We can only provide limited feedback to get you started.
To create a new activity, you will need to develop it by yourself. Think about making a detailed mockup, that will help you solve the main design questions, and make it easier to communicate the idea. Then, once the mockup is accepted, of course you will have to work on it. When you have a prototype of the activity almost working, then we can provide a little more help if needed.
For the graphics, if you can, try to follow the artwork guidelines. In any case, once an activity is ready, the images have to be checked and updated by our main artist.
Please use the mailing list to share your thoughts, issues, and wishes to our community.
Note: If you plan to apply for next GSoC, please check GSOC newcomers, and especially the last paragraph.
Translations are managed by the KDE translation teams. If you would like to participate in the translation of GCompris you must contact the KDE translation team you want to participate in.
- Translation status for the stable version
- Translation status for the development version
- To get the po file to translate, navigate in the subversion from the previous link, select your locale then go to the subdirectory messages/extragear-edu/.
- Voice recording status for each locale.
- Additional localized list of words
- Advanced color translation
- Voice translation
- Web site translation is managed by volunteers.
The Drawing board
These are pages to hold the different discussion for things we are working on: