How to report a bug
To fill a bug report for GCompris, you must use the gnome bugzilla and select GCompris in the product list.
You can join and browse the GCompris mailing list.
This mailing list is used by the developers and users willing to stay aware of what’s going on. You will get new release announcements. Users can join the list and report bugs, discuss feature they would like to have, ...
You can enter in contact with the users and developers of GCompris on IRC. The server is irc.freenode.net on the channel #gcompris.
To join an IRC server, you can use the excellent xchat software.
To get the GCompris master branch (warning this takes more than 500MB) :
git clone git://git.gnome.org/gcompris cd gcompris sh autogen.sh && make
Alternatively, if you are only interested in the recent history, and would want to send in fixes as patches, you can use the option:
git clone --depth=1 git://git.gnome.org/gcompris. It will save you more than 100MB.
GCompris has a lot of dependencies. On a Debian based distribution that already packages GCompris, you can install all the required dependencies with the command 'apt-get build-dep gcompris'.
Download the archive gcompris-X.X.tar.gz or get it from git then:
- tar -xvf gcompris-X.X.tar.gz
- cd gcompris-X.X
- sh configure
Analyse, the errors, install the missing dependancies. Often you will have to install the -devel packages on your distribution. On Ubuntu or Debian, you can get all the build dependancies with the command ’apt-get build-dep gcompris’.
- make install
We do our best to let GCompris run on as many software and hardware platform as we can. In this section, we list the supported platform and specific installation instructions.
GCompris is a large software which has numerous dependencies. We ask packagers to be very careful and follow this minimal and manual test process.
- GCompris translations are managed by the Gnome translation teams.
- Translation status for the Software itself.
- Translation addons. There is more than the .po file to translation GCompris.
- Voices translation.
- Web site translation is managed by volunteers.
- Color translation
- GCompris internals gives an overview of the design of GCompris. It is a good starting point for anybody willing to contribute code.
- Adding an activity
- Adding a puzzle activity
- An exercise for new contributors
- Adding an explore activity
- Adding a music activity and using gcomprismusic.py module
The Drawing board
These are pages to hold the different discussion for things we are working on: