To get the GCompris master branch (warning this takes more than 500MB) :
git clone git://git.gnome.org/gcompris cd gcompris sh autogen.sh && make
Alternatively, if you are only interested in the recent history, and would want to send in fixes as patches, you can use the option:
git clone --depth=1 git://git.gnome.org/gcompris. It will save you more than 100MB.
GCompris has a lot of dependencies. On a Debian based distribution that already packages GCompris, you can install all the required dependencies with the command 'apt-get build-dep gcompris'.
- GCompris internals gives an overview of the design of GCompris. It is a good starting point for anybody willing to contribute code.
- Adding an activity
- Adding a puzzle activity
The Drawing board
These are pages to hold the different discussion for thinks we are working on:
- Ideas for activities
- Star system review
- Todo for OLPC/sugar future ? Review of sugar/OLPC activities and way to integrate.
- Notes on OSX port
- Tuxdroid is a little robot from Kysoh that would be fun to integrate with GCompris.
- Icons Sugarisation
- Language Learning
- GCompris translations are managed by the Gnome translation teams.
- Translation status for the Software itself.
- Translation addons. There is more than the .po file to translation GCompris.
- Voices translation.
- Web site translation is managed by volunteers.
- Wiktionary to XML
GCompris is a large software which has numerous dependencies. We ask packagers to be very careful and follow this minimal and manual test process.