An exercise for new contributors
In order to help you practice in the GCompris framework, I propose you to make this little exercise.
Mandatory: GCompris development is done on a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice.
- Install GNU/Linux on your computer if you don't already have it.
- Download and Install the lastest stable version of QtCreator for Android
- Get the GCompris code from the Git version control system (or see bellow the GitHub option).
- git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:bdoin/GCompris-qt.git
- cd GCompris-qt
- Create a branch for your development
- git checkout -b exercise
- Start QtCreator and open the project file GCompris.pro at the root of the source code
- Compile and run it.
- Create a new activity using the supplied createit.sh script. For example, use your nick name as the activity name.
- cd src/activities
- ./createit.sh 'my new activity'
- Compile GCompris again in Qt Creator, check you new activity is present
- Modify the activity to display an image, a rectangle and a text.
- You can search for code examples in other activities and check the Qml getting started.
- Add an event to a graphical object so that clicking on it does something visual.
- Use git add and git commit to commit your changes locally.
- git add 'my new activity'
- git commit -a