An exercise for new contributors
In order to help you practice in the GCompris framework, I propose you to make this little exercise.
Mandatory: GCompris development is done on a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice.
- Install GNU/Linux on your computer if you don't already have it.
- Get the GCompris code from the Git version control system.
- Compile GCompris.
- Create a new Python activity using the supplied createit.sh script. For example, use you nick name as the activity name.
- Compile GCompris again.
- Run your activity with the runit.sh script (it is just the template for now).
- Modify the activity to display an image, an ellipse, a rectangle, a line and a text.
- Add an event to a graphical object so that clicking on it does something visual.
- Test your activity by running runit.sh until you are happy with the result.
- Use git to commit your changes locally.
- Use git to display the patch
- Publish the patch to github.