High level overview
GCompris contains a lot of activities for children in a large age range. It is used at home and at schools.
Home users can easily follow their children and propose them the most appropriate activities. But using it in classrooms brings a new set of requirements:
- let the teacher hide inappropriate activities
- activity filter
- creating profiles to easily propose an activity set to a new audience
- activity pre-configurations (like uppercase only)
- creating and assigning exercises.
- let the teacher track children usage
- must be as real time as possible to let the teacher help the children asap
- no real need for long term persistence, teachers probably won't dig in old data to extract relevant informations.