The GCompris development team is happy to propose you a new version of GCompris numbered 12.11. This release includes 13 new activities, probably more than any release of GCompris so far.
GCompris is a popular high quality educational software suite comprising of numerous activities for children aged 2 to 10.
And when we say multi-activities, we really mean a lot. We now have 136 activities in GCompris!
I would like to give a special thanks to Gnome and Google for their support in allowing us to have two students working three months full time on GCompris last summer.
Here is a summary of the new activities:
- Learn about farm animals, what sounds they make, and interesting facts: http://gcompris.net/en-explore_farm_animals
- Learn about world animals, interesting facts and their location on a map: http://gcompris.net/en-explore_world_animals
- Learn about the music of the world: http://gcompris.net/en-explore_world_music
- Learn the names of the notes, in bass and treble clef, with the help of sounds and colors: http://gcompris.net/en-note_names
- An activity to learn how the piano keyboard works, how notes are written on a musical staff and explore music composition by loading and saving your work: http://gcompris.net/en-piano_composition
- Learn to play melodies on the piano keyboard!: http://gcompris.net/en-play_piano
- Learn to listen to, read, and play musical rhythms: http://gcompris.net/en-play_rhythm
- Geography, new asia map level: http://gcompris.net/en-geography
- Use the mouse wheel to approach the rock wall an look for gold nuggets: http://gcompris.net/en-mining
- To understand color mixing: http://gcompris.net/en-color_mix
- Understanding mixing of colors of light: http://gcompris.net/en-color_mix_light
- Introduction to the concept of gravity: http://gcompris.net/en-intro_gravity
- Understanding acceleration due to gravity: http://gcompris.net/en-land_safe
- Understanding effect of mass and distance on orbital velocity: http://gcompris.net/en-place_your_satellite